The Merlin MS Centre team is made up of a diverse group of staff, trustees and volunteers whose skils and professional experience help deliver a range of specialist therapies, events and communications. The team is lead by the charity's senior management team who work together to provide a Centre of excellence to the people of Cornwall.
Alana Timmins- Chief Executive
- Smooth running of the Centre
- Looking after the general well being of the staff, volunteers and Centre users
- Ensuring our expenditure is in line with our income
- I directly manage the Income Generation Manager and Clinical Lead
- Work closely with the board of trustees with regard to governance and reporting our financial position
- Moving Merlin MS Centre to its next level by forming relationships and partnerships with the NHS and other providers
Melissa King- Clinical Lead
I joined the Merlin MS Centre in January 2012. Prior to this I was the PR and Fundraising Manager for Cornwall Hospice Care for over eight years and worked in journalism and public relations in London and Essex for several years. I am a qualified NCTJ trained newspaper journalist, hold the Communications, Marketing and Advertising Diploma and have recently completed a two-year NVQ/ILM Level 5 in Leadership and Management.
.As a member of the Senior Management Team, my main duties are:
- Overall responsibility for the development of income streams, ensuring annual budgets and long-term targets are achieved.
- Develop, inspire and motivate the whole team to deliver their objectives and develop their own skills and expertise in their roles, providing ongoing guidance and support for the team.
- To attend Board of Trustees meetings providing reports on achievements against income targets and marketing objectives.
- Act as the organisational expert on all income generation activities, ensuring they are undertaken according to industry best practice and statutory legislation.
- Ensure that all income generation is undertaken in an effective and efficient way maximising the return on investment to the charity and supporting the team to increase funding streams.
I am a mum to two boys one at university and one at Truro College. I have lived in Polgooth for 23 years and in my leisure time I go to Yoga, enjoy coast and country walk with my dog Scrumpy and partner Richard and love socialising with friends.